Thursday, May 30, 2013

5/26/13 Sun day 12 Dayville to Austin Junction 60 mi

Long tiring climb up 6 percent grade up and over Dixie Pass  but then no pedalling for 6 mi.  Beautiful weather and scenery. Trying to keep the heart rate less than 120 on these climbs by putting in low gear and keeping a steady sustainable pace but with six to seven mile climbs for these smaller passes it can take the energy out of  you.  I am trying to make both Joy and my cardiologist proud of me for my trying not to do anything stupid.

That is where I just think of God giving me the strength, determination  and endurance (despite my skinny little legs) and think about my family (both home and church family and how much they mean to me.  That is what will sustain me through this endeavor  and the rest of life.

Have not been posting every day due to either fatigue or rain or cold or all of the above.  It's tough getting old! 

I should be careful about what I complain about. Pretty soon I'll be complaining that there's NO rain and NO cold.  Think Kansas, Missouri, Illinois in mid summer.

Camped behind Austin Inn at Austin Junction. For $5 per person with no bathroom after 8 PM and no water supply I would not recommend this site.  Go further down the road to the Bates State Park.

No comments:

Post a Comment