Wednesday, June 12, 2013

6/10/13 Mon Day 27 Madison Campground in Yellowstone to Lewis Lake Campground in Yellowstone Park, WY 50 mi

Stillworking on the pancakes.  Will I be defeated?  Stay tuned.

Left Madison Campground and continued south to see Old Faithful.  ( If you are here you simply are obligated to do it.)  Not very spectacular until you consider all that is going on "behind the scenes". No, it is not like in the Wizard of Oz.

The american buffalo or bison are intriguing.  Not particularly beautiful.   My wife would say "you need a haircut" and they better listen!

They have no road sense.   They just cross the road when they want to.  If there were any "road kill" it would not be the bison.  They are huge (up to 2000 lbs.).

Only climbed 2871 ft but vrossed the continental divide three times today.
It was breezy with headwinds and up to 93 deg.

See the picture of my peanut butter and jelly wrap.  Really appetizing appearing, isn't it?


1 comment:

  1. Hey Chuck, I've enjoyed following your journey so far. Not everyone gets the chance to do something like that. Not everyone wants to, but I wish I had the strength to do it. Blessings!

    - Vera

    ReplyDelete