Tuesday, June 4, 2013

6/1/13 Sat Day 18 Grangeville, ID to 7 mi NE of Lowell, ID 56 mi

Very frustrating trying to do a post on the smartphone all by hunt and peck and have it all disappear as you are typing.  Okay,  rampage is over.

We awoke to a beautiful sunny 47 degree morning although it did get down to 37 degrees during the night.  I stayed warm and snug (like a mummy) in my 40 degree sleeping bag.  I had my EMS breathable goretex jacket over the torso portion of the bag.  No condensation problems.

Leaving Grangeville, we were treated to an exhilarating 8 mile descent with lots of switchbacks doing 28 - 31 mph most of the time with 3 cars following much of the time but not passing because of all the switchbacks posted at 25 - 30 mph and I was using all the road navigating those turns.  WOW!  What a ride!

Tonihgt we are staying at the Apgar USFS campground.   Peaceful with the rusing sound of the Loscha river flowing by.

Time to change clothes and rotate the biking shorts.  I just noticed from the picture of my shorts that I better not get confused and put them on inside out or people following me down the passes in the tucked position are going to think they are following a real baboon.

No comments:

Post a Comment