Wednesday, June 12, 2013

6/9//13 Sun Day 26 "Day of rest and tourism" in Yellowstone 26 mi

We have biked 10 days without a rest day so this was the appropriate time and place to take the gear off the bike and play tourist. 

We toured various thermo-geologic wonders that point to what an awesome creation we are part of.  See the pictures.   Unfortunately, I am unable to provide the sense of sound, smell or temperature in this blog.  There were waves of hot steamy air with the smell of rotten eggs (hydrogen sulfide) that would hit you on this breezy day. The water had sulfuric acid in it.  I was afraid that if I stood in one of those clouds too long my Spandex would all come unravelled and I would be left there looking "quite out of place" . Quite the visual!

Speaking of visuals,  where have you seen those pancakes before.  This was day two working on them and I was still defeated. Tomorrow will be my day of victory over those "HUGE, Rochester,  HUGE"  pancakes!

No comments:

Post a Comment