Friday, June 7, 2013

6/4/13 Tue Day 21 Florence, Mt to 6 mi S of Sula, MT 69 mi

I am officially an old man now...I got my Golden Pass for the national parks at the ranger station as we were biking from Florence as we are getting ready to climb over Chief Joseph Pass tomorrow .

No rain.  NOT ONE DROP.  CAN YOU BELIEVE IT
Stayed at the Indian Trees US Campgr ound in a hiker-biker site that the host said we could stay in for free.  The name relates to the scarred trees where indians in the Bitterroot Range would strip the bark from trees to get the inner cambium which they would roll up and take for food.

Washing up in the creek would have been a bit too invigorating for me, but not for Charlie.  

In the AM, in Florence, I awoke to the sound of Woody the Woodpecker.

1 comment:

  1. Chuck,

    It has been great to read all about your trip, day by day. It sounds like you're overcoming some tough obstacles: rain, inclines, snow, cold, not to mention biking long distances every day and finding a place to camp each night. It's pretty motivating to read about. Good luck and I'll keep reading. Happy father's day this weekend.

    Kelly Ludovici

    ReplyDelete